When you’re looking for a safe diet pill, it can be difficult to determine which products are right for you and which aren’t because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn’t involve itself in the approval of weight loss supplements.
What you need to do, then, is look at the individual ingredients and see what they do.
Today, we’ll look at Lipomin, a diet pill that says it can help you burn fat, increase your energy, speed up your metabolism, and help you get to your ideal body underneath all of the excess weight. Let’s get started.
Lipomin uses eight ingredients that are all-natural and derived from herbs. This is a good place to start, but not all herbal ingredients are safe.
Here’s a look at what they are and what they say they can do for you.
• Glucomannan (1000mg) is a dietary fiber that is extremely adept at curbing hunger. In one clinical study, it was shown to help people drop an average of 5.5 pounds in eight weeks by expanding in the stomach and causing feelings of fullness.
• Chromax (500mcg) is the only patented form of chromium, and the only to show any signs of appetite suppression. One study showed an average caloric consumption decrease of 365 calories per day.
• Raspberry Ketones (100mg) are an important source of antioxidants, that fight the free radicals that are released when fat is broken down. Raspberry Ketones are especially useful, however, because they aid in boosting the metabolism and burning fat themselves.
• Caffeine Anhydrous (199mcg) is a form of caffeine that stimulates thermogenesis and fat burning in the body.
• Evodiamine (50mg) is a plant from China that is known to convert fat to energy instead of placing it in stores around your muscles.
• Phenylethylamine (37.5mg), or PEA, is the same hormone in chocolate that gives you a feel good burst. It raises serotonin levels, helping you cope with the frustrations that are often attendant with the weight loss process.
• Ginger Root (50mg) lowers the PH level in your stomach, reducing acidity, and helping mitigate some of the gastric problems that come with losing weight.
• Vitamin B12 (500mcg) is an all-around beneficial vitamin, especially as it regulates both metabolism and serotonin.
Lipomin Side Effects
Lipomin’s ingredients seem to be effective and many are clinically proven, but let’s see how each of them fares when we examine their side effects. Here’s a look at the list again, with side effects common to each.
• Glucomannan is considered safe by the Mayo Clinic, but has been associated with increased gas and blockages in the throat and intestines.
• Chromax can cause skin irritation, headaches, dizziness, and nausea, but these effects are usually mild.
• Raspberry Ketones carry no side effects, unless you have an allergy.
• Caffeine Anhydrous is the biggest culprit of side effects in Lipomin, causing dizziness, the jitters, anxiety, headaches, and nausea, but are really only severe in people who are already caffeine sensitive.
• Evodiamine is a new ingredient on the market, and doesn’t carry any reported side effects at this time.
• Phenylethylamine doesn’t have reported side effects either.
• Ginger Root side effects may include mild heartburn or diarrhea.
• Vitamin B12 may cause diarrhea and itching, but these side effects are rare.
So is Lipomin Safe?
We think that Lipomin is both effective and safe. All side effects related to this pill are mild and only observed in people who are sensitive to stimulants. We think if you stay within the recommended dosage of this pill, you will remain healthy.